Sunday, 17 May 2009
Day 2 in Irvine
This morning I got up and got ready earlier in the morning. We waited for my 4th aunt to arrive and once she did we headed out to Laguna beach which is super close to my aunt's place. I'd say no more than a 15 minute drive. I'll give it to her. The beaches here are soooooooooo much prettier than what we have. It looked like it could be a resort beach.I It was gorgeous. Vancouver beaches suck now :( We ate at a buffet restaurant. I think it was a mexican restaurant but it was just regular breakfast. I screwed watching my diet as I normally do when I go out for breakfast and had an omelet, roasted potatoes, eggs benedict, bacon, waffle with maple syrup and fruit. I was stuffed. After breakfast we walked around the beach but since I was with a bunch of taiwanese ladies nobody wanted to step in the sand so we just walked down the gravel pavement from above. Oh well, it was still nice. Afterwards we walked towards the shop area and browsed around and I bought a pair of cool looking sunglasses at a random store ($16). We left for home around 1:30pm because my grandma can't walk for very long and my 4th aunt had to go pick up her kids at 2:20pm. After we got home I talked with my aunt for a bit and then I took a nap. Once I woke up it was time for dinner. This couple from my aunt's church group came over and we all had dinner together. While we were eating he kept going on and on to my grandma about Jesus and how so many people who are buddhists don't even know where buddha came from and don't know the history and why believe in something when you don't know the history. He talked about how he converted most of his family on his most recent trip to Taiwan and gave her an all too detailed description of his life before God. He just went on and on and on and tried to convert my grandma. Now to make things clear, I'm not against Christianity or any religion for that matter. I don't know enough about each one to pass judgement. What I hate though, is when people talk about their religion as if it's their life, diss other people's religion, and try to convert complete strangers. Anyway, I made it clear to my aunt earlier in the day that I wasn't going to attend their church group this evening, which is where they're all heading later. I told her that I was going to stay home and go to the gym instead. Grandma on the other hand was pressured into going. Haha, now she's hiding upstairs until they leave because she didn't want that guy to keep talking to her about his religion. So while everyone went out, I headed out to the gym and got in some exercise. Later on at night, Nina (my 12 year old cousin) dragged me into her room for a 'slumber party' and we watched Twilight until 2 am. I ended up loving it, and now I'm starting to read the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
say no to jesus freaks. the ones that preach on and on are the ones that are most likely to deviate from their religion...... or they probably got something to hide, and make up for it by their hyperactivity in preaching to the brothas and sistas. lol reminds me of the guy in hawaii that was screaming all sorts of craziness at 2am with nobody there to listen to his crap.
ReplyDeleteoh well, beyond that, it's good to know that you had a chance to check out the beaches. LA owns! it's uber nice and people there are generally quite agreeable.
nyay YOU!