So I didn't really do much during my last 2 days in Cali. I figured I had visited enough places and that I needed my rest before my next vacation... in a week and a half. So I can't really remember anything significant. Well, my cousin did tell her mom that she could bring me and my grandma to her school when she dropped off her lunch and her mom told her that no one wanted to go to her school. So the next day, I went with her mom to drop off her lunch and I personally got out of the car and handed it to her. She seemed very happy. She's so different from me when I was 12. I lived right across the street from my school and I hated going home for lunch. In fact, I never did unless I knew no one was home. I didn't like being dropped off either. I also went over to my 4th aunt's house for lunch during on of those days and her and her husband cooked up a storm for us. My aunt went and bought this kind of fish that has 2 eyes on 1 side (weird looking but oh so tasty), and fried up tons of them. I ate a bunch for 3 days straight. On my last night in California, my uncle decided to take me to Target as my farewell memory of Cali. Yes, Target. Well... I'll give him credit. We were originally going to go to Spectrum, which is a mall near their place with a ferris wheel and apparently really nice at night, but it was closed at 8pm. Since we decided to go out at 8, we ended up going to a place that was open, and that was Target. We spent a good hour there and walked out empty handed. Damn Americans. Food there is so damn cheap. Nina said that she was glad she moved away from Canada because Canada is not for poor people. That, she is right. So, after Target we made a last stop at 85 degrees cafe so that I could get one last sea salt coffee, which I put in the fridge to drink the next morning. It was yum. My 4th aunt and my uncle came the next morning to drive us to LAX. Flying to Canada is apparently considered not international and we went to the airport way too early. We spent an hour sitting at some crappy seating area talking for an hour before we entered the gate. My grandma cried :( I thought crying at airports only happened in movies.
All in all, I had a great time in California. A much better time AND a much busier time than I had expected. My aunt, who hates going out and taking people around, made a big effort to keep me entertained, and Tara and Darren were also great hosts. I guess you can say that I definitely don't mind going back again :)
PS. Nina and my aunt may come by to Vancouver near the end of the summer. We shall see.
Till my next blog!...... Next up = HONOLULU, HAWAII!
No comments:
Post a Comment