After hanging out with Tara and Michele in LA and Vegas, Tara drove Michele to Mission Viejo to see her friend. We didn't stay there for long and we headed back to my aunt's place. My aunt took Tara and I to 85 degrees C cafe, which is a cafe that opened in Taiwan. The business there is supposedly excellent. It was pretty darn busy when we went. They have a baker as well and we bought some of the bread. I bought a squid ink bread with cheese. I ate it when it was a couple days old so it wasn't as good as it could've been I guess. It was ok. We did have a rose cream cheese bread on the spot and it was delicious. At first I ordered a cafe latte and then while I was browsing I saw a poster of their best seller in Taiwan which is a sea salt coffee. Hmm. That could be totally off, but I decided that I'm on 'vacation' and I had to try it. So I ordered it and I loved it. It was an iced black coffee that was sweetened and topped with salty foam. I mixed it up and the end taste was really good. It was still sweet and if you didn't pay attention there really isn't much saltiness behind it. I might ask my aunt to bring me back there. I wasn't able to sleep until 3am that night :(
The next day my aunt took me and my grandma to Fashion Island in Newport Beach. It's an outdoor mall as many of the malls around here are. Even when I went to Nina's middle school open house, the lockers were all outdoors and the lunch cafeteria was outdoors too. That would never happen in Vancouver. I told myself that I was simply going there to walk around and get out of the house but that I wasn't going to shop, and I DIDN'T!!! I went to the gym that day and although I told myself that I would go for a long workout, I did a rather short one, and that was pretty much the extent of my day.
The next day after that, Nina and I spent 12 hours at Disneyland. Since I just went to Orlando's Disney World last summer, this year wasn't as spectacular. The rides at Disneyland were the same as the rides at Magic Kingdom in Orlando, with a few variations. Indiana Jones and Big Thunder for example aren't in Orlando. I'd say that Indiana Jones was my favourite ride that day. We also watched 3D shows, which I love. We watched Honey I shrank the Audience, and at one point they accidently cloned a bunch of mice which were running around the stage and then they had fake mice run across our feet and hit our legs. Things like that. I think they're 3D shows are awesome. It's a Small World made me want to fall asleep this time. Orlando's was better I think. My favourite ride, Peter Pan, from Orlando wasn't open, which sucked. Halfway through the day, I kind have wanted to leave. I was really tired, but we stuck around until the 9:30pm fireworks which is always great. Disney spends big money on their fireworks show. It's worth watching.
Today we went back to Disney because our ticket lets us go to both parks within 30 days of the first use. So we went to California Adventures which is a relatively new park right next to Disneyland. Nina liked Disneyland better but I liked California Adventures I think. If I hadn't been to Orlando last year, I would probably choose Disneyland but you really only need to see it once every 5+ years. Cali Adventures had my FAVOURITE ride of all-time, Soarin'. It was great. We went on it twice. It's the one where you're seated and lifted up and into a big screen and it makes you seem like you're flying through the clouds, over the ocean, over the forest etc. I love it. It also blows wind at you so it really feels like you're flying, and the one here had an additional element than last year at Orlando. They let us smell pine trees when we flew over pine trees and they let us smell oranges when we flew over an orange field. Still the best. Unfortunately, I did not go on the Tower of Terror because Nina was too scared to go. She did choose out of 3 to go on California Screamin' which was a roller coaster. It's drop wasn't bad at all but it was fast and loopy and still fun. Another ride that stood out was a 4D Toy Story ride where we would stop at different stations and shoot at things like we were playing games. So the ride was a game. That was neat. The 3D shows today were even better than Disneyland's. My favourite was a Bug's Life 3D because we got sprayed by a bug with acid (it's really water), we got stunk by some stink bug (yes, they release some odour into your face), and of course there's always the sudden thing behind your seat that nudges you. We left after lunch today and came back at 9pm after Soarin' for the 2nd time.
Tomorrow I'm heading to San Diego!
No comments:
Post a Comment