Sunday, 17 May 2009

Quail Hills to Chino Hills

In the morning Nina and I both had a hard time getting up because of our secret 'slumber party' the night before. We woke up at 8:30am and got ready to head out to the local farmer's market. We went to the farmer's market right across from UCI (University of California Irvine). Coco Lee went there. Nina and I walked around in circles so that we could sample as much free fruit as we could. The farmer's market was cool. It opens every weekend. We don't really get that in Vancouver because we don't have that many crops. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. 

To top off our healthy taste testing, we headed to In and Out burger. Sorry to say, I did not try their burger due to my lack of beef eating these days. I did however try their fries, which are fried from fresh potatoes rather than the usual frozen stuff. I must admit that they were really good! They actually tasted like potatoes, and cheap too :) So now I can say that I went to In and Out. 

After we got home, I went out to the gym again. I love how there's a gym so close! I have to make up for massive eating now before it happens. I then went back home and continued to read Twilight until it was time to leave for Tara's house. Tara (my uncle's younger cousin) invited me on a 4 day trip with her and her friend Michelle who is visiting from NY. I met Tara last year on my trip to Orlando, Florida with Nina and her mom. We drove from Quail Hills to Chino Hills, which is where Tara and her boyfriend live.  

PS. Everything is called something hills here because it is very 'hilly'

We all went out to dinner at a 'local' Chinese restaurant. I'm sure you all know that it takes forever in a car to get anywhere. It wasn't bad. We got back at 8pm. My family left me to go back home and I'll be staying here for the next 4 days except for when we head to Vegas. I spent the remainder of the night reading Twilight until I fell asleep.

1 comment: